Stephanie Taylor Cline
1. Why did I first choose my sport?
2. Why do I continue to play my sport?
"I continue to play the sport because it transformed my health and lifestyle"
3. If I could achieve anything I wished for in my sport, what would it be?
"World Championship at all belt levels!"
4. What are the physical things I do really well in my sport?
"I am able to pick up BJJ techniques fairly quickly and apply them live"
5. What are the mental things I do really well in my sport?
"I keep my ego out of the gym and off the mat"
6. How physically fit/strong do I need to be for my sport?
"You don't have to be physically fit to start but to progress, your health and fitness is key to performance"
7. What skills and attributes do the best athletes have in my sport?
"A wrestling background helps athletes tremendously"
8. What do I need to do to make sure I’m physically prepared for my sport?
"Clear your mind of a winning mentality and understand that BJJ is a marathon, not a sprint"
9. How many hours of sleep do I need each night?
"I prefer 8 hours"
10. How do I make sure I get a sound night’s sleep?
11. How do I know if my recovery is working?
"You are able to continuously train without extended time off the mat"
12. What about sport brings me the most joy?
13. How important is achieving my sporting goals to me?
14. Where does confidence come from?
"My ability on the mat"
15. What am I going to change tomorrow to make me better than I was today?
"Keep showing up"