1. Why did I first choose my sport?
I first chose cycling because I was an avid runner but was fearful for my knees! I started cycling.
2. Why do I continue to play my sport?
It keeps me mentally fit. I am able to run my business and stay calm amidst the chaos that surrounds us in our daily lives as a nation.
3. If I could achieve anything I wished for in my sport, what would it be?
My goal is to ride my bike all over the world--I day dream about riding in places like The Himalayan Mountains and the countryside of Japan.
4. What are the physical things I do really well in my sport?
I can climb really well. Not too much of a glider, I have been in some car accidents that have made me fearful of going too fast. Definitely give me something steep to move up.
5. What are the mental things I do really well in my sport?
I work through and reflect on problems whether personal or professional. I have had a lot of aha moments and shed some tears too.
6. How physically fit/strong do I need to be for my sport?
Who cares? As long as the wheels keep on turning!
7. What skills and attributes do the best athletes have in my sport?
Mental strength and killer quads, am I right?!
8. What do I need to do to make sure I’m physically prepared for my sport?
Always bring an energy bar with me, some CBD, and music to keep my blood pumpin’!
9. How many hours of sleep do I need each night?
It varies. I’m not the best sleeper. The more I ride, the more I sleep.
10. How do I make sure I get a sound night’s sleep?
I wear myself out on my bike!
11. How do I know if my recovery is working?
If I am able to ride multiple days in a row without feeling sore.
12. What about sport brings me the most joy?
The gratification of every personal milestone.
13. How important is achieving my sporting goals to me?
Achievement does not outweigh the importance of ambition.
14. Where does confidence come from?
I just think, if I don’t do it, what else am I going to do? I think my parents instilled in me my work ethic. I fail at a lot of things, but cycling just stuck. If you got it, flaunt it.
15. What am I going to change tomorrow to make me better than I was today?
Let go. Move forward.
16. Any other info you want to share about yourself or your sport.
I love biking and I love helping people. If I can do those things simultaneously, then I am my own champion.